Monday, June 27, 2011

so 10 years ago I graduated highschool.
I was headed to college to play soccer and become a nurse.

I was 17.

still just a girl.

and I planned to take on the world.

...

I'm now 27.

I'm a mother (similar to a nurse without a paycheck).
I sit on the side lines of my son's soccer games.

I'm a woman...

however I still plan to take on the world.

...

This last weekend was my 10 year highschool reunion.

Cougars

(as in the animal not old prowling women)

came from all over the country to celebrate

our youth, our friendships and SLHS.

...

sometimes growing up in a small town was hard.

especially when you were somewhat of a "rebel"...

but I do love that many of the people I graduated Kindergarten with are the ones I graduated Highschool with.

And they are the ones that I was able to reconnect with Saturday.

Some are moms.

others are dads.
there are teachers.

and

lawyers.

Mr. Cook is going to soon be Dr. Cook.

Yet the thing that we all have in common is where we grew up.

It's a family of sorts.

And I kind of love it.

...


Then... Now....

No comments:

Post a Comment