Monday, June 20, 2011


Things I learned from my weekend with the Burkes....


* We are grazers.


* Regardless of how great we


think we are at Rock Band we should not quit our day jobs,


except for Ry he can sing.


* Billy missed his calling as a runway model.


* Nana loves Kevin more than me.


* I am too old to stay up till 4 am two nights in a row.


*Patrick has reflexes like a cat, all nimbly bimbly, jumping in the pool after Ally.


*Ryan has a smile that lights up the room...I realized I miss our summers together, but am so happy to have those memories.

*Nana doesn't currently, nor has she ever liked Bananas.

* Nikole is an amazing girl, seriously world watch out!
* Although we may not cut it as rock stars there is hope for us as a family circus.

* That some people shouldn't talk about dinosaurs when they have had too much to drink.

* Friendship is a beautiful thing....seeing my Nana hug her best friend Joy and hearing her say "I thought I'd never see you again" was such a special moment.

*Cody and Kohl are buds.

* My brother is an excellent stalker.

*I'm blessed to be the only granddaughter surrounded by some of the most amazing men.

*I will never get tired of having my Nana sing "Daddy's little girl" for me.

* My dad could be a hairy, slightly bigger, Steve Erwin
*Old family photos=hours of laughter.

* C-walk (or C-whack according to my mom) is a bowling shark, Frisbee shark, underwater swimming shark, ping-pong shark etc...

**ringer**

*Fire Hydrants can do damage to your cars' bumper.

*Zack and Linds are like the cutest couple ever.

*When Nana said her "gentlemen friend" was a SOB for not coming to her party I almost died.

*Kevin's got a sick 6-pack, too bad it rubbed off because it was 115 outside.

*In my mother's eyes is a beautiful song, especially when sung by my Aunt Pat to my Nana.

*We are winners, similar to Charlie Sheen,

but with more tiger blood.

***Most of all I realized that I am blessed beyond measure. I have an amazing and loving family. It's an awesome thing to walk into a room full of people and know that they love you and support you. As I've gotten older I've realized how special and rare that is. It's how family should be, but far too often it's not. My family has taught me so much....they've taught me to treat people like family, to not know a stranger. They've taught me to laugh. And that it's ok to cry. They've taught me to believe in myself. But most of all they have taught me love.


And love is a beautiful thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment