Wednesday, March 23, 2011

...MoThErHoOd...




So mornings at our house are similar to tornadoes...it's madness. Sometimes I feel as though I'm a chicken with it's head cut off. This morning was no exception. However I came across a scene that caused me to pause and reflect on how precious Motherhood is...











From the time I was little the one thing I knew I wanted to be was a mother. Don't get me wrong like other little girls I also dreamed of being a nurse, a teacher, an astronaut at one point even. But regardless of what career path I choose I knew I wanted to be a Mom while doing it.

Watching Ally this morning put a diaper on her sock monkey melted my heart. She's already motherly, maybe not when she chokes the dog, but it's there. I see it. And I love it.

Motherhood is such a blessing, it's something that I don't think has or will ever get the credit it deserves. It's the hardest job one could have, but with the greatest of rewards. Paychecks come in the form of kisses and I love yous.

Sadly the world doesn't seem to put value in motherhood.

It seems that society today frowns on a woman who chooses to stay home and raise a family, I long for those days. I daydream of them, while I'm selling cable to this person or internet to that person. I dream of staying home and taking care of my babies, of cooking dinner for my family. I dream of a hot, hot husband (it's my dream he might as well be hot right?) to come home from work happy to see me, and our rug rats. One day I hope to have it.

I'm grateful for the women and the mothers in my life that have been amazing examples. That have cherished motherhood. It's an amazing gift, one that I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for.

-word to your mother!-


4 comments:

  1. Poor sock monkey still having accidents huh... ah well, these things take time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so sweet... I can't say enough of what I feel about being a mom... and having this dream of yours. I am blessed with loving children & a great husband. And being able to be home for all of them... I pray you will get yours soon! I love you and the kids so much, and your strength and love for the Lord! Your one awesome woman... and I am proud of you.. Love you so much! Odie

    **P/s Kiera says she misses and loves you & Ally and Kohl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you don't mind that I just stumbled across your blog. I think about you and Kevin and wonder how in the heck you guys are doing. I just wanted to say that what you are doing is amazing. Being a single mother would be so hard and it looks and sounds like you're giving it your best and doing great! I hope everything goes great for you and that one day your dreams do come true! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete