Wednesday, July 28, 2010



OK, so here's the back story to this conversation....Kohl has asthma and he struggles when it comes to running, especially up in Snowflake. So last year we did the Pioneer Day run....I was wanting to run, but Kohl my little wheezy man couldn't....he ended up hanging out with one of his aunts and walking the race while I ran it.... SOOO this year he did the run again and this is our phone conversation about it:


Kohl: Mom I did the run this year! And I think the medicine (inhailer)is really helping me.

Me: I know, Aunt Odie told me you ran the whole thing, all two miles.

Kohl: Did she tell you I threw up afterwards?

Me: Yes she told me that also.

Kohl: Yea it was gross, but mom remember how last year I came in 116th place.

Me: Yes Kohl I remember...and yes throwup is gross.

Kohl: Well guess what I got this year.

Me: Trying to be positive and optomistic, while also realistic and not wanting to guess 1st if he got 2nd or 3rd which could possibly make him sad (I overthink the majority of things).....I don't know son, 5th?

Kohl: No, I got 73rd!!! And my son, bless his little heart, was just as excited about 73rd as he would have been with 1st.

I love him....and am so very proud of him whether he's 73rd place or 1st, he's a champ.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh :) I love that boy! And I miss you guys... can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete