Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An AmAZiNg Weekend......

~True Friends~

RaRe to FiND

HaRD to LeAVe

and

ImPoSsiBLe to FoRGeT.
So these are my friends.....Dave and Christina....I met them while in Jordan and Egypt....on what my foreign friends call a "holiday". We bonded over a bidet...technically the boys misuse of the bidet. If you are unfamiliar w/ what a bidet is....google it and use your imagination to how someone may find it amusing.
We spent close to 14 days traveling through Jordan and Egypt....from travelling the ruins of Petra, to Snorkeling in the Red Sea, to Climbing Mt. Sinai and finally finished it off with a trip to the Great Pyramids.
When we said our goodbyes in Cairo we promised to meet up, to travel and laugh and enjoy each others company again...
at the time I had every intention of doing just that.
But life gets busy,I moved and had a baby and the possibility of that happening again seemed very unlikely. But life has a way of always working out, and Heavenly Father knows what each of us needs....he knew I needed to feel alive again, and smile and laugh. And this last weekend was just that.
Dave is just finishing up with his "holiday" traveling the world and Christina and her boyfriend Scott a.k.a. Skot are moving to Vancouver, they were able to met in San Diego and drove over to Arizona....to visit me!!!

Although we didn't have a lot of time to spend we were able to make the most of our 2 1/2 days together.....we went to the Grand Canyon, Sedona and Jerome. We had some amazing meals, a riveting game of trivial pursuit (in which Dave and I smoked the competition), saw Kohl perform in his Primary Talent show, and seriously probably the most exciting to them was our visit to Wal-Mart in which the three of them fell in love...
I'm grateful for my friendships with them....and I can say with absolute assurance that we will
meet up, we will travel, we will laugh and we will certainly
enjoy each others company again...



Here are some pictures from our adventures. Both old and new.




No comments:

Post a Comment